The keto diet is the most famous diet nowadays. A number of health problems are cured by the keto diet or ketosis diet through the ketosis process, including weight loss especially fast belly fat loss, autism, and some cancers.
In simple words, the basics of the ketogenic diet are given below:
• You can eat a very small amount of carbohydrates.
• You can eat a large number of healthy fats (MCT oil).
• You can eat a moderate amount of healthy proteins.
Macros in Keto Diet
• Carbohydrates should be consumed 20-25 grams per day.
• Proteins should be:
(Your measured weight in lbs) x (0.6-1.0) = (protein in grams per day)
• Fats should be consumed by 70-80% per day. The major portion of this diet is more intake of healthy fats.
List of Foods to Eat in Keto Diet
In this keto diet journey, your main challenge is to avoid such foods that are high in carbohydrates and eat high fat keto food.
The success of the keto diet depends on the ketosis process which cannot occur when you eat high carbs foods. intake of low carb foods may cause the “keto flu” in the start but it gives you ultimate weight loss results.
The ketogenic diet is mainly depending on healthy fats and oils, moderate proteins and little carbohydrates.
Keto Fast food List
There are some top quality best options for keto diet fast food. You ll feel free to eat anywhere whenever you want to hang out on the ketogenic diet.
Here is a list of keto diet fast food options:
Breakfast Keto Diet Food List
- Enjoy your Breakfast with Two eggs with chicken/beef steak, tomatoes, and avocado at Panera Bread.
- The second option is “Big Breakfast” at McDonald’s with scrambled eggs, hot sausages but without the hash browns and warm biscuits.
- Another one best option for keto fast food is “Ultimate Breakfast Platter” at Burger King with fluffy eggs and pattie but without juicy pancakes, biscuit, and hash browns.
- Serve yourself with Egg, Bacon and Cheese Biscuit at McDonald’s without the warm biscuit.
Keto Fast Food Burgers and Unwich List
- You can enjoy your keto diet fast food with ⅓ lb Low-Carb Thick burger at Hardee’s.
- You can eat keto-friendly 1/2 lb Low-carb Lettuce-Wrapped Thickburger at Carls. Jr.
- In-n-Out Burger “Protein Style” Cheeseburger with onion
- Eat your keto fast food with Bacon lettuce wrap Cheeseburger with mayo sauce at Five Guys.
- Take unwich from Jimmy Johns BLT with Lettuce Wrap tomatoes, mayo, and egg.
Keto Diet Fast Food Salad Options
- The Italian salad served with olives, pork, mayo, vinegar, lettuce, salami, and ham.
- One of the best keto diet fast food option is tuna salad.
- The J.J. Gargantuan salad served with roast beef/chicken, salami, ham, provolone, turkey and pork.
- Enjoy salad Bowl of Chipotle chicken steak Burrito with salsa, cheese, sour cream, mayo, and lettuce.
- Another option of Chipotle steak Burrito Bowl as keto diet fast food served with lettuce, tomatoes, cheese, guacamole.
An egg is a healthy source of protein in the keto diet. One of the super keto food which contains important nutrients and minerals. A perfect source of fats and proteins in the ketogenic diet.
One egg contains average: (82 calories)
• 6.1 grams of fats
• 4 grams of proteins
• >1 grams of carbohydrates
Eggs contain a good amount of vitamin D, which helps in bone strength and reduces the osteoporosis process. recently studies showed that eggs can reduce the risks of heart failure and heart stroke.
It is recommended to take a whole egg in the keto diet. A complete egg (egg white + egg yolk) has more vital nutrients, minerals, and antioxidants. High source of B6, B12, Vitamin A, K, D and E, selenium, copper, and iron.
Keto Diet Vegetables
All greens are the best option in keto food. They are rich with nutrients and fiber and low in carbs. All the green vegetables are considered as the superfood in all types of diets including the ketogenic diet.
Most of the keto meals are prepared with green vegetables including spinach, kale, etc.
The thumb rule is applied for choosing keto-friendly vegetables. The vegetables grow below the ground have slightly more carbohydrates than a daily need in the keto diet.
Those vegetables which are growing above the ground are keto-friendly. These are very low in carbs and you can take these vegetables as you want.
• Bell peppers
Here is the overall keto vegetable list which can be taken by counting your daily macros and carbs:
• Green beans
Keto Diet Fruits
Fruits are a rich source of carbohydrates. But fewer have less amount of carbs like berries. If you want the best results in the keto diet, so you should avoid all fruits. Fruits contain natural sweeteners which can slow down the ketosis process.
In daily routine, when you eat fruits (banana, orange, mango) they spike the glucose level in blood. As a result, your body releases insulin. In this way, a high intake of sugars can lead to an imbalance amount of insulin production in blood.
Following the keto diet can help your body to produce a normal amount of insulin. Hence, the keto diet can also very helpful for diabetic patients. But you can take some low carb fruits with a minimum range in the keto diet.
These are some low carb fruits which can take in keto food:
Keto Diet Meats
in the keto diet, the protein source is the keto-friendly meat. But you should cook keto meat at low temperatures to secure all nutrients. The healthy option in a keto diet is organic meat.
But keep in mind the amount of protein in the keto diet. You cannot take excessive proteins on a keto diet; they can get out your body from ketosis.
So, the intake of meat on the ketogenic diet should be moderate according to your body needs. On the other hand, the intake of too little meat can lead to losing your muscle’s weight which is not good for your body.
These are some examples of keto meat:
Keto Diet Drinks and Beverages
Water is a symbol of life. Drinking plenty of water is necessary for the ketogenic diet. In simple words, you should drink at least three-liter water a day to keep your body hydrated.
Other keto drinks are also very important in keto diet like unsweetened bulletproof coffee/ tea. They keep your body metabolism fast and maintain your ketosis process. These drinks also reduce your sweet cravings and feel fuller.
Keto Diet Detox Water:
Detox water or sole water is also very beneficial in the keto diet. According to the survey, drinking detox water along with a ketogenic diet can two times increase the speed of weight loss. Detox water also very helpful for the removal of toxins from the body.
There are some other drinks which are allowed in a keto diet:
• Coconut water
• Lime juice
• Bone broth
• Mineral Water
• Coconut Milk
• Herbal Teas
• Almond Milk
• Cashew Milk
• Club Soda
• Coconut Milk
Keto Diet Snacks
A wide range of keto snacks can be prepared when you feel hunger cravings in the ketogenic diet. Although snacking in the keto diet is not a good option because excessive snacking can slow down your ketosis process. The best option in keto snacks is the whole food keto snacks.
There are some keto snack options that are 90% prepared from fats.
Whole Foods as Keto Snacks:
• Cheese slice
• Cucumber/celery slice
• carrot slice
• few berries
• Nuts (Pecan, macadamia)
• Bar of unsweetened dark chocolate
Other Keto Snacks:
• Fat/cheese Bombs and bars
• keto vegetable salad bowl
• keto garlic bread
• Bulletproof coffee/tea
• Keto cookies
• Zucchini/Kale nacho chips
• Bone broth
• Zero carb bar
• Sliced pork
• Keto pancakes
• Keto mousse
Keto Diet Flour and Noodles
Wheat flour is not allowed in the ketogenic diet. You can take:
• Almond flour
• Coconut flour
• Shirataki noodles
• Cabbage noodles
• Keto Ricotta Gnocchi
Keto Diet Sweeteners
A big no of sugar in the ketogenic diet. The main strategy in the keto diet is to keep glucose level low. So white sugar, brown sugar is not allowed in this diet.
But still, there is some sweetener option that can fulfill your sweet tooth in keto food.
Keto Diet Alcohols
Some alcoholic options are available in the keto diet. one thing keep remember, these alcoholic drinks must take at a moderate level.
• Hard Liquor
The Final Summary
A keto diet plan has a variety of delicious, healthy, tasty food choices that can be listed as keto food in the keto menu.
The main purpose of the ketogenic diet is to lose the extra weight of body fat by keeping your keto food high in fats, moderate in protein and low in carbs.